Friday, January 1, 2010

Twenty Ten

2009 was terrific. I did it, I grew. Took the me which had taken 2008 to tear down and rebuild, and kicked it into the corporate world, gave it goals, flew it across the globe (one more time). And although it took a while before pieces started falling into place, fall into place they did. I imagine a lizard must feel utterly phenomenal after shedding its old skin.

But the past is written, and now, with this metamorphosed soul, 2010 looks blindingly bright. I won't need to go globetrotting in search of this ineffable something anymore, because, somewhere along the way - between witnessing something so beautiful that it brought tears to my eyes, and realizing something so awe-inspiring that I spent months thinking about it - I found this something, and it's nothing short of miraculous. Of course I'll still run around the world. That's just who I am, and each passing year, with its discoveries and lessons, only serves to remind me. But now I do this not for the sake of searching for a missing piece, but as a means of traveling down the road to fulfillment. You know what, I don't know. I can't explain it, but I guess sometimes I don't have to. It all just comes together, and life just is so damn beautiful, and oh..

2010 is going to be great, and my vague goal for this year is to lay down some new tracks and refurbish some old ties. Time to get going. Good day, and good luck to everyone.

1 comment: