Sunday, January 18, 2009

An Unedited Excerpt

from my diary, because every single time somebody asks me what it is I write in those pages, I have no decent reply. So, in an attempt to embody the ineffable, I have posted here the last two paragraphs from my entry this morning, which is in itself both a reflection of the night prior and a worthy paradigm of my entries.

"Unfathomable discoveries, unspeakable sorcery, all are as real as the stone that tumbles by my feet, and life is never, ever, the same.

To each his own - whatever path he or she shall seek and follow - and though mine is distant - no, enormously distant - from having been constructed, I shall forge onwards, through the hills and valleys, the curves, and embrace whatever - or whoever - shall come my way. And in this gallant fashion I shall approach each day - and treat it as if it were not my last - but my first."


The night is always darkest just before the dawn, a friend reminded me once.
Well, dawn has broken free.

No comments:

Post a Comment